Shake-up boosts cement maker sales
A major cement producing company asked CornerStone to develop a new methodology to help it increase market share during a downturn.
Following an assessment, CornerStone designed and implemented a new Sales Organisation structure defined by four integrated processes in order to achieve the client’s Driver Goals and future growth strategies.
Target account acquisition
- Developed and implemented an aggressive Target Sales Task Force process to acquire top ranking strategic accounts (a team selling approach to acquiring new business)
- Developed questionnaires, a knowledge base repository, account qualification tools, meeting agendas, model presentation for prospects and other tools.
- Created procedures to standardise the process for Sales organisation distribution.
- Generated enthusiasm among the Sales team.
- Developed and implemented an effective sales process focused on growing market share while maintaining the current customer base.
- Developed a new Professional Selling Skills (PSS) methodology training programme and delivered it to the Sales organisation in the US and Canada.
- Developed and documented Individual Target Account Selling and Maintain Accounts processes and tools.
Sales system for managing (SFM)
- Created a framework to standardise forecasting, budgeting, planning, reporting and managing.
- Designed and implemented tools for forecasting, planning and account optimisation.
- Chartered a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) team to fully integrate the SFM process in an interactive system.
- Add 0.9% in North America by the end of 2010 (4% in the Mid Atlantic region), without reducing price relative to the competition.
- Attain new customers with 200,000 tons of new business.
- Develop a more efficient and effective structure and processes for the Sales organisation.
- Exceeded volume and financial benefit targets by 12% for 2010 and passed 2011 goals four months ahead of schedule.
- Developed a new Sales structure defined by four integrated processes aligned to the Driver Goals and future business growth strategies.
- Developed and delivered over 3,500 hours of training and coaching for the US and Canada sales force.
- Distributed detailed process manuals, tools and files to all Sales force personnel.